Friday, December 2, 2011

THUNDER AGENTS #1


One of DC's better series, Thunder Agents, was unfortunately cancelled to make way for September's big "52" number-one issues. But they brought it back for a six-issue mini-series. The problems? Artist Cafu (yes, like Prince) is gone. And it's December...meaning everything that happened in the series previously I pretty much forgot (the last issue, #10, came out on August 10th). This means I was utterly confused. Yes, I know the premise; regular people get super powers to fight evil but these powers will eventually kill them. I forget who's bad and good and I forget most of the characters. This issue doesn't exactly deliver any sort of intro or summary either, so good luck! Spencer's dialogue is king as usual, but the story is confusing and bland. The art by Wes Craig is standard. Perhaps they should have just cancelled it for good? * (out of ****)

No comments:

Post a Comment