Thursday, May 3, 2012

Short Reviews 5-2-12




30 DAYS OF NIGHT #7:

The great art of Sam Keith is gone but the story is better; a bad group of vampires descend on L.A. to seemingly take over the world. It's bloody, it's good, albeit nothing special. **1/2 (out of ****)







SPIDER #1:

This was a pulp hero from the 40's. The twist? He kills! Pretty sick stuff here, including a zombie kid that has a bomb collar go off. I liked it. What does that say about me? ***







X-O MANOWAR #1:

Really dull and mostly idiotic. I miss Valiant but perhaps I'm mixing up nostalgia with actual quality. *






 AVENGERS VS. X-MEN #3:

The best issue so far. Brubaker writes it. This book is still way too slow (it's 12 issues...Jesus Christ!). Just infect someone already, Phoenix force. **1/2






ANIMAL MAN #9:

The fans love this. Not sure why. It's depressing and weird. *








 SWAMP THING #9:

The fans also love this. The art is interesting. I'm already sick of The Rot and this storyline. The villain Arcane comes back at the end. I don't even know who that is. **






EARTH 2 #1:

It made no sense to me but I liked it. It's fun, entertaining. The final page is way too silly, though. I guess this is like the Ultimate universe that Marvel has. James Robinson is a fantastic writer, though. Good start. ***








DAREDEVIL #12:

Fluff and slight but a fun issue. Good art by Chris Samnee. **1/2









ACTION COMICS #9:

The best issue yet. Grant Morrison is finally getting bizarre. **1/2








ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN #10:

Most of this issue has Miles and his uncle talking...but it's engrossing. **1/2










SUPREME #64:

No more Alan Moore so it's obviously a drop-off. I like the premise, though; an evil Supreme has been unleashed. **1/2







DETECTIVE COMICS #9:

Awful. This is a Night of the Owls cross-over and it feels totally forced. I used to like Tony Daniel. What happened? 1/2*








WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN: ALPHA & OMEGA #5:

This book went on way too long...and what, really, was the point? *









AGE OF APOCALYPSE #3:

Too dark and drab and not exciting or interesting at all. I can't fathom anyone actually enjoying this book. 1/2*








BOYS #66:

This book has really dropped off, although it hasn't been good since, like, issue #6. *

No comments:

Post a Comment