Sunday, May 2, 2010

THE FLASH #1


It really sucked when writer Geoff Johns and artist Francis Manapul quit Adventure Comics after a very short tun. That book was terrific. I'm not a particular fan of The Flash, but with this superstar team on board I had to at least check it out. I guess The Flash was dead for awhile. He's back now and back as a police detective. The new case has an old superhero appearing in the city and dropping dead. And the last page has a group from the future showing up to arrest The Flash for a future murder (yes, a Minority Report rip-off). The book looks great. The story is a murder mystery but it's still fun and it's entertaining and it feels like an old-fashioned Superman story. I wish these guys were still working on Adventure Comics, but I can't complain. This is a good start. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment