Wednesday, June 30, 2010

CAPTAIN AMERICA #606


I missed the last arc, so I missed Bucky killing the 1950's Captain America, the Tea-Party controversy, and Sin apparently peeling her face off (she now looks like daddy, the Red Skull). Certainly it sounds like I missed an awesome storyline, but the reviewers have said that it was the worst of the current Brubaker run. This issue is very well-done, so I'm glad I've returned. When writer Ed Brubaker is on he's on, and this is a typically excellent issue. It has all the classic hallmarks of a good Brubaker issue: there's darkness, a vicious villain, and cool spy hi-jinks. The art, by Butch Guice, looks like it came right out of a 50's dime novel. Not a crackerjack of a plot here, but it's same-old in a good way. *** (out of ****)

No comments:

Post a Comment